Equality Statement 2022-23
Manor Field Infant School is committed to ensuring equality of provision throughout the school. Our policies and procedures ensure that there is equality of opportunity for all children. Our policy reflects the Equality Act of 2010 and ensures that all children are treated equally and given the support they need to succeed.
The Act sets out the Protected Characteristics - sex, race, disability, religion or belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, pregnancy or maternity. At Manor Field Infant School all children, parents/carers and staff will be treated with respect and is part of our values as a school.
Our quality objectives are as follows:
- To promote cultural development and understanding through a rich range of experiences, both in and beyond school.
- To tackle prejudice and promote understanding in relation to people with disabilities.
- To ensure all pupils are given similar opportunities with regards to after school clubs and activities.
- To allow access to information for all parents.
- To ensure that all children receive the support they need to access the curriculum.
- To ensure the school is well resourced to support the emotional needs of all pupils.
As a school we review our equality information and tailor our action plan to meet the needs of pupils, parents/carers and in support staff to deliver the objectives above.