What is THRIVE?
The Thrive Approach provides 1 to 1 or group sessions support, focusing on building relationships with the child/ren to develop their knowledge, skills and tools to optimise social and emotional development.
Thrive not only benefits the children, but those working with them and the wider community.
Who are THRIVE sessions for?
Thrive sessions are set up for children with social, emotional and behavioural difficulties which may include:
- lack of self-esteem
- unable to share and take turns
- doesn't trust adults/peers
- may lack in mannerism skills
- disrupts other children in the classroom
- has behavioural issues
- language skills
- struggle with the mainstream classroom environment
Entry into the sessions is carefully considered through a staged referral procedure and the use of a range of assessments over time.