Weekly Learning 29th June
For Maths, we would like you to continue with the Maths Home Learning Lessons and Activities on the White Rose Learning Hub. This week start at 'Summer Week 10’ (Week beginning 29th June), and, as before, complete one lesson and activity per day, recording your learning in your red learning journals. The activity sheets will be uploaded daily onto the Classdojo class story.
The link for the learning is below:
In addition to this, and your other Daily Learning, we have some other challenges to keep you busy.
Monday/ Tuesday/ Wednesday
Your project this week is to learn about Life Cycles. This week you will learn about what a life cycle is, different types of life cycles and create a poster explaining the different stages of a life cycle. Please follow the instructions given- Do not do this all in one go (Try lesson 1 on Monday, 2 on Tuesday and 3 on Wednesday). Do things in the following order:
- In this lesson, we would like you to find out about what a life cycle is and learn about different life cycles.
- Follow the instructions on the PDF and watch the video using the link provided to learn what life cycle is.
- Read the powerpoint presentations, books and videos provided to learn more about the life cycle of a frog, butterfly and plant.
- Discuss with an adult the different stages of each life cycle. Can you answer the questions provided on the PDF and record your answers in your red journal. Upload a photo onto Classdojo.
- Today we would like you to choose one of the life cycles you learnt about the previous day to research in more detail so you have a good understanding about the different stages.
- Re-read the powerpoint/ books again and watch videos if available of your chosen life cycle (plant, frog or butterfly).
- Research each stage of the life cycle in detail and record notes in your red journal.
- After you have researched your chosen life cycle, can you video yourself explaining each stage of the life cycle and upload it onto class dojo?
- In this lesson we would like you to create a life cycle poster on your chosen your life cycle.
- We would like to be as creative as possible and rather just drawing pictures next to the writing explaining each stage, we would like you to make your poster 3D.
- Create your poster by explaining each stage clearly and use the samples below to help with your creativity (3Dness) of your poster.
Learning a new skill
Throughout this time when you have been learning at home, it has been lovely to see you take on new challenges and learn new skills. Mr Creagh-Barry and I have thoroughly enjoyed watching videos of you learning Spanish and loved that Adam challenged himself to use a drill to make his bug hotel. This week we would like you to challenge yourself and learn a new skill (something you could not do before). This could be:
- Cooking a meal
- Baking a cake
- Washing up
- Help decorate
- Do some DIY (use a screwdriver etc.)
Upload a video or a photo of yourself learning the new skill onto Classdojo.
Thursday Activity 1
Please complete the comprehension activity ‘In the Middle of the Night’ uploaded onto Class Story. Write the answers in full sentences into your red journal then take a photo and upload it.
Activity 2 – Discovering seeds
Today we would like you to go on a walk around a forest or woodland area to help build upon your knowledge of life cycles and learn about the life cycle of a tree.
All trees grow from seeds. As you walk, see how many different types of seeds you can collect. Can you find seeds from a deciduous trees and evergreen trees? Use the seed identification sheet to help you with the seed names. Think about how the seeds are spread. Can you find seeds that are spread in different ways, e.g. by gravity, wind or animals? Seeds are also important as food for wildlife. Look up into the tree tops for an animal or bird which either eats or collects seeds.
Using the seeds you have collected we would like you to record your findings using the headings below in a table provided.
- What is the seed?
- What tree does it come from/ type of tree (deciduous or evergreen)
- How are the seeds dispersed (spread)?
Today we would like you to read a chapter from your favourite storybook. We would love you to video record yourselves reading and put these onto Classdojo as we have missed listening to hearing you read.
As an on-going, weekly challenge, we would like you to continue with your learning of Spanish. Hopefully you have been learning to count from 1-10, learning the alphabet, introducing yourself, saying how old you are in Spanish, have learnt the days and months of the year in Spanish, say how you feel in Spanish, the different colours in Spanish, different pet names and family member names in Spanish. To challenge you further we would like you to learn how to describe your physical appearance in Spanish e.g. hair colour, eye colour etc.
Use the link from the Oak National Academy below and complete the activity to go alongside the video.