Weekly Learning- W/B 22nd June
For Maths, we would like you to continue with the Maths Home Learning Lessons. This week the video links to watch and worksheets to complete will be uploaded onto Classdojo. There will be a sequence of 3 lessons to complete which will be uploaded onto the Class story Monday- Wednesday. Please record your learning in your red journals.
In addition to this, and your other Daily Learning, we have some other challenges to keep you busy.
Monday/ Tuesday/ Wednesday
Your project this week is to learn about different types of habitats. Using the knowledge you learn about habitats you will create your own fact file about one of the habitats you have researched then create your own habitat using a shoebox OR a paper plate. Please follow the instructions given- Do not do this all in one go (Try lesson 1 on Monday, 2 on Tuesday and 3 on Wednesday). Do things in the following order:
- In this lesson, we would like you to research information about the different types of habitats e.g. different living conditions, different animals and different features. We would like you to research the following habitats:
Follow the links provided find out as much information about each habitat. You could brainstorm all your findings to help with your research.
Using the research you found and the map provided identify where you would find the different types of habitats in the world and colour them in using this key.
Rainforest- light green
Woodland- dark green
To present your findings about the different types of habitats can you record a video of yourself sharing the information you found out about different habitats and upload this onto Classdojo.
- Today we would like you to choose one of the habitats you researched on the previous day and create your own fact-file.
- Look at the different types of fact-file provided on the PDF. Can you identify all the different features you will find in a fact-file? Discuss with an adult.
- Choose the habitat you would like to create your fact-file about. Using your research can you start to sort the information into different sub-headings:
- What is a habitat?
- What is a polar/ desert/ rainforest/ woodland/ ocean habitat?
- What might you find in your chosen habitat,
- Why do certain animals live in this habitat?
- Interesting fact box e.g. Did you know?
- After you have planned your fact-file use, the examples of fact-files to help with the layout of a fact file and start writing your research into full sentences.
For Art this week we would like you to create the habitat you wrote about in your fact-file using a shoebox or paper plate. Use the research you found out about your habitat to help you to create your habitat and choose what animals can live in there.
Look at the images below to help you to create your habitats. Mrs Martin and Mr Creagh-Barry are looking forward seeing your creations.
Thursday Activity 2
Please complete the comprehension activity ‘’ uploaded onto Class Story. Write the answers in full sentences into your red journal then take a photo and upload it.
Activity 3 – Scavenger hunt
Today we would like you to go on a scavenger hunt outdoors using your different senses (sight, hearing, touch, smell and taste). Using the sheet provided, can you find a range of different objects using your five senses?
Can you choose an interesting meal of your own choice from a country? We would like you to think what ingredients you need and make a list. Then can you cook the meal with some adult support and either record yourself cooking your tasty meal or take a photo?
As an on-going, weekly challenge, we would like you to continue with your learning of Spanish. Hopefully you have been learning to count from 1-10, learning the alphabet, introducing yourself, saying how old you are in Spanish, have learnt the days and months of the year in Spanish, say how you feel in Spanis, the different colours in Spanish and different pet names. To challenge you further we would like you to learn how to say the different family members in Spanish.
Use the link from the Oak National Academy below and record a video of yourself saying the different family members in Spanish.