Weekly Learning 13th July
For Maths, we would like you to continue with the Maths Home Learning Lessons and activities on the White Rose Learning Hub. This week start at 'Summer Week 12’ (Week beginning 13th July), and, as before, complete one lesson and activity per day, recording your learning in your red learning journals. The activity sheets will be uploaded daily onto the Classdojo class story.
The link for the learning is below:
In addition to this, and your other Daily Learning, we have some other challenges to keep you busy.
Throughout the week, we would like you to choose one activity a day from the booklet with the link provided. There are eight activities to choose from and there is a mixture of different activities you can complete. Once you have completed an activity, upload a photo onto Classdojo. Please follow the link provided for the activity booklet:
Monday/ Tuesday/ Wednesday
This week we would like you to build upon your scientific knowledge and learn about food chains. Please follow the instructions given- Do not do this all in one go (Try lesson 1 on Monday, 2 on Tuesday and 3 on Wednesday). Do things in the following order:
- In this lesson, we would like you to learn about what a food chain is. Watch the video clip below and look at the powerpoint provided.
- After you have watched the video clip and read the powerpoint, we would like you to take the quiz on BBC Bitesize to test your knowledge of ‘Food Chains’.
- To extend your knowledge watch an addition video about ‘Food Chains’, using the link provided.
After you have watched the video, discuss these questions with an adult.
· What is a food chain?
· Where do humans fit into food chains?
· What is a producer?
· What is a consumer?
· What happens if you remove part of a food chain?
- Today we would like you to learn more about different food chains from different habitats.
- Play the different games on the link provided (Food Chain Challenge- Savannah, Food Chain Challenge- Tundra and Food Challenge Woodland) to learn more about a producer and a consumer.
- Choose one of the food chains from the different habitats to discuss in more detail. Can you upload a video of yourself explaining the food chain onto Classdojo?
- In this lesson, we would like you to draw a food chain from a habitat. You can either pick two different food chains from different habitats and use the sheet provided OR pick one food chain and create your own flow chart poster.
- Use the examples below to help you to create your own flow chart poster.
- After you have completed your work, upload a photo onto Classdojo.
Today we would like you to write and draw your favourite memories from Manor Field Infant School. Use the writing format provided to help you with your ideas. Mr Creagh-Barry and I are looking forward to hearing about your memories!
Please complete the comprehension activity ‘Amazing Alphabet’ uploaded onto Class Story. Write the answers in full sentences into your red journal then take a photo and upload it.
As an on-going, weekly challenge, we would like you to continue with your learning of Spanish. Hopefully you have learnt many skills during this unit of learning. To challenge you further we would like you to learn how to describe different family members and pets in Spanish.
Use the link from the Oak National Academy below and complete the activity to go alongside the video.