Weekly Learning- W/B 8th June
For Maths, we would like you to continue with the Maths Home Learning Lessons and Activities on the White Rose Learning Hub. This week start at 'Summer Week 6' (Week beginning 1st June), and, as before, complete one lesson and activity per day, recording your learning in your red learning journals. The activity sheets will be uploaded daily onto the Classdojo class story. The link for the videos is below:
In addition to this, and your other Daily Learning, we have some other challenges to keep you busy.
Monday / Tuesday/ Wednesday
Your writing task this week is to produce a non-fiction poster about the parts of a plant. Please follow the instructions given- Do not do this all in one go (Try lesson 1 on Monday,2 on Tuesday and 3 on Wednesday). Do things in the following order:
Monday- Lesson 1
- In this lesson, we would like you to go on a walk or explore outdoors in your garden. What different plants can you see? Can you record these in your red journal or take any photographs then upload this onto Classdojo? How are they different/ how are they the same? Look at their petals, stem, leaves etc.
- Pick one of the plants to look more closely in detail with. You will be using this plant to help you name the different parts. Are there any parts of a plant you already know?
- Using the Powerpoint/ PDF provided can you learn about the different parts of a plant in more detail and why they are so important in helping a plant to grow. At the end of the powerpoint you will see sentences with missing words. Using your knowledge, can you fill in the missing words and record the sentences in your red journal.
Tuesday- Lesson 2
- Slide 1- In this lesson, we would like you to look at the features of a non-fiction and make your own non-fiction posters about the different parts of a plant.
- Slide2/3- Look at the different features of non-fiction posters. Can you remember any of the features?
- Slide 4- Make your own information poster about the different parts of a plant. Upload your posters onto Classdojo. There are examples of non-fiction posters on the PDF and below.
Wednesday- Lesson 3
- In this lesson, we would like you to use the posters you created the previous day to present information about the different parts of a plant.
- We would like you to record a video of yourselves telling us the different parts of a plant and give an explanation bout why they are so important in helping the plant to grow.
- Upload the video onto Classdojo.
Wednesday- Activity 1
For science, we would like you to plant your own seed. Plant a sunflower seed or runner bean today (if you are unable to get hold of these seeds choose some others). We would you to care for your seed/ plant by watering it daily and making sure it gets enough sunlight etc. Then record how it grows by keeping a plant diary. The first day of your diary is today then you need to keep a weekly record of how your seed/ plant grows.
Activity 2- Dance (Over three consecutive days)
To support with your learning of plants this week we would like you to perform a dance with actions alongside some music. The dance sequence is called ‘Spring Plants’ and covers planting seeds and their needs for growth, followed by the need for bees and the dispersal of seeds. This learning will be a series of three lessons over three consecutive days and step-to-step instructions of the lessons will be uploaded onto Classdojo onto the class story. To download the music to go alongside the dance you will need to either register to a BBC account or sign onto your account using the link below:
Today we would love you to go on a walk and go on a tree hunt. Before you go on your tree hunt, we would like you to learn about the different types of trees. Read the PowerPoint/ PDF provided on Classdojo to learn about deciduous and evergreen trees.
After you have read the PowerPoint/ PDF provided can you go on a tree hunt? Using the identification sheet and the table provided find 5 different trees on your walk and record different information about them. We would like to record the following information:
- Name of tree
- Type of tree
- Shape of leaf
- Texture of leaf
- Flower of the tree
Please complete the comprehension activity uploaded to Class Story. If you are a Reading Band 2,3,4,5,6 or 7, read and answer the questions for Colourful Creatures. If you are a Reading Band 8, 9, 10, 11 or 12, read and answer the questions for Whales. Write the answers in full sentences into your red journal then take a photo and upload it.
Activity 3 – Dance
Lesson 2- Bees and Seeds
Your learning today will be ‘lesson 2’ of the dance unit ‘Spring Plant’. Please follow the step-to-step instructions on Classdojo and download the music for lesson 2 ‘Bees and Seeds’.
Activity 1 – Dance
Using the actions you have learnt in the previous dance lessons we would like to make your own dance sequence representing a growing plant. You can choose your own piece of music being as creative as you like. Once you have performed your dance a couple of times and are happy with your dance, we would like you to upload a video onto Classdojo.
Activity 2- Building a Den
Today we would love you to have lots of fun and build a den in your garden or sitting room. After you have built your den, can you have a picnic in it, read or tell some stories in it? Mrs Martin and Mr Creagh-Barry are looking forward to seeing your creations of your dens!
As an on-going, weekly challenge, we would like you to continue with your learning of Spanish. Hopefully you have been learning to count from 1-10, learning the alphabet, introducing yourself, saying how old you are in Spanish, have learnt the days and months of the year in Spanish and can say how you feel in Spanish. To challenge you further we would like you to learn how to say what the different colours are in Spanish.
Use the link from the Oak National Academy below and record a video of yourself saying what the different colours are in Spanish.