Manor Field Infant School are are one of the schools supporting the School Direct initiative.
What is School Direct?
School Direct is a school-led teacher training programme. School Direct courses are designed by a group of schools in partnership with a university. A School Direct course lasts a year and you will train in at least two schools.
Why choose School Direct?
This course offers a brilliant option if you want to train and learn ‘on the job’, and you shouldn’t worry about being thrown in at the deep end. You’ll be part of a team from the very start, receiving intensive support from experienced teachers and mentors. That means you won’t be teaching classes unsupported until the school thinks you’re ready.
Why choose us?
We are committed to the recruitment and retention of high quality teachers in order to meet the needs of our locality. We have a strong partnership of schools in Hampshire and our diverse alliance of schools has been involved in delivering high quality teacher-training for many years. We are now able to offer a route into teaching through our School Direct Programme which will begin in September 2018. The application process begins in October 2017 through UCAS.
* innovative training and support to develop resilient and reflective professionals
* structured input on pedagogy and effective classroom practice informed by latest research to ensure all pupils make progress
* outstanding support network from highly trained mentors and experienced practitioners and tutors
* trainee networks & collaborative learning opportunities
* the opportunity to teach in a diverse selection of local schools who share a long-term commitment to developing the next generation of teachers
We have now joined forces with a large group of like-minded schools in Hampshire; the full list of schools are as follows;
* Overton CE Primary (Lead Teaching School) http://www.overtonprimary.co.uk/aspire
* Ashford Hill Primary School
* Castle Hill Infant School
* Chiltern Primary School
* Great Binfields Primary School
* Kempshott Infant School
* Kings Furlong Junior School
* Longparish CE Primary School
* Manor Field Infant School
* Marnel Junior School
* Merton Junior School
* Oakley CE Junior School
* Old Basing Infant School
* Park View Junior School
* St Anne’s Catholic Primary School
* Anton Junior School (Lead Teaching School)
* Anton Infant school
* Portway Junior School
* Knights Enham Junior
* Endeavour Primary
* Lockerley Primary
* Oakridge Junior School
* Merdon Junior School
* Clatford Primary School
* Vigo Infants school
* Wolverdene Special School
* North Waltham Junior School
* Vigo Junior School
* Padnell Infant School
* Norman Gate Special
* Great Binfields Primary
* Pilgrims Cross Primary
* Marchwood Junior School
* St Mary Bourne Primary School
* Portway Infant School
* Grateley Primary School
I believe strongly in Schools Direct as an effective route into the world of teaching and whilst your year spent working in school will prove exhausting, it will also be rewarding and if you work hard and put a lot into it, you will find that you are well prepared for your newly qualified year.
If you are interested in being part of the September 2016 Schools Direct Programme, please do get in touch with us to arrange a visit to see what we have to offer to trainee teachers.
I would suggest that you do some research to gather information on Schools Direct (SD), the following website is a useful source of information;
http://www.ucas.com/members-providers/teacher-training and there is a short but useful video here http://www.ucas.tv/gttr/video/fmvNH
There are a number of benefits to School Direct if you register with the National College for Teaching and Leadership, so I would advise you to do that. You will receive a helpful step-by-step guide to becoming a teacher; email updates with important news on teacher training, funding and events in your area; the option to call the team of UK-based teaching experts for advice and information on how you can interact with NCTL and even get your questions answered via Facebook and Twitter.
You are probably aware that with Schools Direct being a work based route into teaching, it is vitally important that you have gained some good, meaningful experience during your time in primary schools. Applicants without this experience generally find the rigorous interview process difficult and fail to secure a place on Schools Direct.
It is recommended that applicants take their tests as soon as possible after submitting their application and before their interview.